A dental crown acts as a tooth-shaped cap that covers a weakened or damaged tooth.
For patients who need to replace missing teeth or restore broken teeth, dental bridges and dental crowns offer an affordable and lasting solution for restoring the form and function of any smile. At Prime Dental, Dr. Cardwell provides the compassionate dental care his patients need to look and feel their best. If you want to restore your smile to health, contact our office today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Cardwell.
Dr. Cardwell may recommend that patients receive a dental crown to treat several conditions, including:
To strengthen a weakened tooth. Teeth damaged by decay can crack and break. A crown can provide additional stability by holding the tooth together and reducing the risk of a break.
- Repair a cracked tooth. If already cracked, a crown repairs a tooth and prevents any further damage from developing that could cause a patient to lose the tooth.
- Provide additional support. Teeth with large fillings can develop small cracks that weaken the overall health of a tooth. A crown provides additional stability and support to the tooth, preventing further cracks from developing.
- To hold a dental bridge. Crowns provide an anchor that Dr. Cardwell can use to support the placement of a bridge.
- Cover an implant. Dental implants replace the roots while the crown provides a replacement for the missing tooth.
Dental bridges close the gap in a smile created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge consists of two or more crowns placed on either side of the gap and a series of replacement teeth that close the gap. The replacement teeth, called pontics, will be made to look just like an ideal version of the tooth it is replacing
When a gap develops in your smile, it can cause long-term problems to your oral health. Teeth that neighbor the gap will start to shift and move to fill the space. This cascading effect can lead to additional tooth loss and the deterioration of your jawbone. There are multiple permanent ways to restore these gaps, and we will work with you to find a solution for your specific needs and budget. If not treated, a gap in your smile can permanently alter the health of your smile.
For some, an implant is the best solution, but for others, a bridge can be ideal and more economical.
With the placement of a dental bridge, Dr. Cardwell can:
- Restore the appearance of your smile
- Restore your ability to eat, chew, laugh, drink, and smile
- Maintain the shape and appearance of your face
- Prevent teeth from shifting out of position
- Return your ability to smile with confidence
When a gap develops in your smile, you need to receive treatment from Dr. Cardwell before the condition progresses. Don’t risk the long-term health of your smile and your ability to enjoy the little things in life like eating, drinking, and smiling. Contact our office to schedule our dental bridge consultation with Dr. Cardwell and take the first step towards restoring the confidence you have in your smile.